As a way to pass the terribly dull hours of Friday afternoon, let’s wrap up what’s been going on this week:
- Compiled a spreadsheet of all the property on Oak Street (above) to help us determine what properties might need zoning changes or help rebuilding. Perversely, this was a lot of fun.
- Piles were driven for Hung’s house on Crawford Street (see previous post). Apparently, they ran into just about every obstacle under the sun, including a huge taproot about 6 feet down, but succeeded in the end.
- My floor plans for the Nguyen family (a four-bedroom house just across the street from Hung’s) went through a major revision to better take advantage of their wide lot. Now I’m figuring out a roof plan that will suit the house.
- Drew up the first design recommendation of the Moss Point Downtown Redevelopment Committee (click on “Denny Street Relocation” on the left, that’s all me!)
- Sergio Palleroni and five students from the University of Texas at Austin will be here this weekend to work at Patty’s, installing a greenhouse that they began constructing at home and hopefully helping out with some other work that needs to be done.
Looking forward to the weekend. Among other things, I get to help teach some kids how to play frisbee, and go to an awesome garden party at the Wisteria Estates!guyen