With one month to go in Biloxi, it’s time to make a list of things to do before I leave. Consider this a best-of-the-Gulf-Coast bucket list.
- Another weekend bike trip from Biloxi to New Orleans and back.
- Bike the Tammany Trace on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain and stop by Abita Springs for another brewery tour.
- Bike part of the Natchez Trace, which through Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee.
- Go fishing… somewhere away from all the oil.
- Eat at The Shed. Best barbecue on the coast.
- Have another avocado-almond bubble tea and curry chicken po-boy at Le Bakery.
- Visit Lazy Magnolia, Mississippi’s best brewery. Southern Pecan… need I say more?
- Go to Kiln, Mississippi and have a drink at the Broke Spoke, Brett Favre’s former hangout.
- Coffee at the Mockingbird Café in Bay St. Louis.
- Mexican Food Monday at Kokopelli’s Rockin’ Tamales.
- ‘Tato Nut’ ride with the Gulf Coast Bicycle Club, ending at the TatoNut donut shop in Ocean Springs.
- Best Burger on the Coast at the Project Lounge.
- Hang out at the pool at Treasure Island.
- Listen to live music on Frenchman Street in New Orleans.
- Tubing, kayaking, or canoeing on the Black Creek, the Wolf River, or the Blackwater River.
- Which Wich… The Which Wich 2011 Calendar? I’m just saying!
- A real, serious Bad Movie night, complete with Cheladas and/or Bloody Marys.
- At least one more Ultimate tournament. Gotta be one somewhere!
That list’s looking pretty long… better get cracking! Anything else I should add?